Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Exercising helps arthritis! Who knew?

- Four eggs
- Poke cake
- Burger with two hot dogs
- Two hot dogs

I've been doing water aerobics at the athletic club that I joined and it's so much fun!  It really helps my knee with the arthritis in it.  It seems counter-intuitive to exercise when you have an arthritic (and painful) joint, but it makes me feel so much better.

I originally joined the club to get my back muscles evened out.  Specifically, the left side of my latismus dori is much more muscular than my right, which is causing pain, so I'm doing weights to build up the right hand side.  This is due to my leg-length discrepency.

Yesterday, I did 55 minutes of water exercise, ten minutes in the sauna and a lot of weight training for my back.

Today, I'm not going to the club, but I did 25 minutes on the recumbent bike, which helps keep the knee pain at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment