Thursday, November 10, 2011

Easy low carb peanut butter frosting

Easiest, Yummiest Frosting EVER!

- 4 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 8 teaspoons splenda
- 1 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup (like an over the counter pancake syrup)

So, I actually got the idea from this recipe from Linda Sue's magic peanut butter pudding recipe, so I must give the low carb genius Linda credit here.

I whipped up this recipe because I was in need of a sweet frosting for my coconut flour brownies. I wanted to frost them because my girlfriend does not like nuts, so I left them out. Where I'm from, brownies require either nuts or a good frosting, so the latter was in order.

Now, I'm not lying when I tell you that this is the most satisfying, fudgiest dessert that I have ever indulged in in all of my twenty-nine years on this planet. The best news? It's freaking LOW CARB. This was the first recipe that I have ever made using coconut flour and I'm still in low carb bliss. You can pick up these babies with your hands, but they are really best when you use a fork. The only problem that I foresee? No dessert will EVER be as good as this one. It's kind of like when you have had the best pizza in the world... No pizza will ever stand up to it, so it kind of makes all other pizza less-than-spectacular in your own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment