Thursday, August 13, 2009

Two Cheese Wet Burritos


Two Cheese Low Carb Wet Burritos

8 oz cream cheese - cut into 1 oz slices
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
8 Low Carb Wraps
2 lbs ground beef, browned
1 jar salsa
8 oz tomato sauce
1/2 head shredded cabbage
2 T Linda's Taco Seasoning

Brown the ground beef with salt and pepper. Chop up cabbage in small, bite-size pieces. I cut mine kind of like coleslaw-style. Drain fat from beef and add in taco seasoning, cabbage, tomato sauce and 1/2 cup salsa. Cover and cook on medium-high, stirring occasionally until cabbage is tender. This usually takes at least 15-20 minutes to get the cabbage tender... but this is a crucial step! Let your ground-beef mix cool for a while so that it will be easier for you to handle.

Spread one ounce of cream cheese on each low carb wrap, fill them with the meat filling and roll up. Carefully place each one in a greased 9x13 baking dish. If you have any meat filling left, spread it evenly over the top of the roll-ups. Evenly distribute some salsa (to your taste) over the top of your creation. Finally, sprinkle 8 oz shredded cheddar on top and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Top with your favorite Mexican fixin's like lettuce, sour cream, salsa, tomatoes and hot peppers!


3 comments:

  1. where do you get those tortillas? I can only find the wheaty non appetizing ones at my grocery store. The description on the package of these says it tastes like regular tortillas, so now I must find them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Walmart super center used to carry these... and also I think I used to get them from Winn Dixie down south, too.

    Now, my Walmart has something similar or I just order them with my Netrition order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. makes me hungry just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete