Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Low carb menu & weigh in

Low carb menu

- Two sausage patties with two eggs, fried in butter
- Chicken breast, breaded with Parmesan cheese with low carb honey mustard
- A piece of Atkins cheesecake
- Low carb pizza with ham, pepperoni, sausage, low carb marinara sauce, mozzarella, and peppers

Weigh-in: 229.4. I got on the scale many times this morning and it bounced from 228.4 to 230.4. My lowest adult weight ever!

I'm in the two-twenties! This is about 14 pounds lower than my previous lowest-adult-weight, so that is really awesome. 77 pounds lost and about 55 more to go.... (I'm 5'10'' by the way)... I'm into a size 16 talls, which I still can't believe. I don't think that I have been a size 16 since junior high!

I survived my birthday and once again was reminded that I should not consume alcohol, as I just really have no tolerance for it.... so I spent half of my actual birthday puking and unable to even hold down water. I never really drink and this is precisely why! Sure, I could blame the five dollar pitchers, but really, I know better.

Drinking alcohol and getting majorly hungover was much like wanting to eat a bunch of processed food feels like. It feels like a good idea... The whole consuming part of it is usually an unenjoyable, semi-conscious blur which is the cause of much guilt to me later in life. But mostly, both of these things just make me feel out of control and completely sick. I do realize that I do not have a built-up tolerance to either carbs or alcohol at this point... (Carbs I once had a huge tolerance for and alcohol, never really much of any tolerance). But once you abstain from something for a while and then do it, I think that is when you get its true effect on your body. I just basically hate how consuming either of them makes me feel. I think that you should listen to your own body. We know our body better than any doctor can hope to. We need to listen to what our bodies our telling us because we are the one who has to live within our own bodies.

I just woke up on my birthday with that "Ugh, I'm 29 and I still haven't learned this lesson yet?" feeling.

In great news, I feel like I have more control over my life than I have in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment