Thursday, April 10, 2014

Low carb menu & still loving my low carb oatmeal

- Low carb oatmeal with heavy cream, liquid splenda (ez sweetz) and sugar free Walden's pancake syrup
- Two eggs
- Cinnamon flax muffin with butter

Day three post-op and feeling better each day... :)  The ace bandage comes off today, which will be nice (and probably a little scary in a way for a non-nursey type).

I've said it before and I will say it again... This oatmeal is wonderful and nothing short of a low carb miracle in my book.  If you enjoyed oatmeal in carby days, then you will love this!   It's also jam-packed with fiber, which helped me out because we all know that surgery can wreak havoc on your digestive system. To clarify, I use a heaping 1/4 cup of the mix with 2/3 cup of boiling water plus a splash of heavy cream and plenty of sweetener.  It's total comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment