Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weigh in and knee surgery

Low carb menu

- Cheeseburger on an oopsie with tomato, onion, mustard, mayo and low carb ketchup
- Chicken breast chunks, seasoned with cumin and cilantro with green peppers, onions, cheese, salsa and french onion dip
- Pumpkin bake
- Open-faced cheesy oopsie with bacon, tomato and mayo

Weigh-in: 243.8 ~ Lowest adult weight EVER!

HW: 306.4
CW: 243.8
GW: 175.0

Lost less than a pound this week, but I'm about 12-13 pounds lighter than I was a month ago... So I will take it! I have an upcoming appointment with my knee surgeon on June 22, so I'm amped and excited to lose a lot of weight before I go and see him. I have even lost a few more pounds since I met the surgeon who referred me to my now-surgeon (who I haven't met yet).

They talked and my new-surgeon told my then-doctor to have me "keep it up" with the weight loss, because that is really the one key that will help my knee for years to come.

The procedure they will be doing involves correcting a surgery from fifteen years ago, which resulted in the bottom part of my leg being at a wrong angle. It has caused some arthritis in my inner-knee (thankfully NOT throughout my knee!) which has been increasingly painful.

The procedure will involve taking out a wedge of bone (a very calculated wedge that involves trigonometry!) . When my leg bones heal together again, my leg will be at a different angle. Oh, the wonders of the body. Not gonna lie, though... The thought of them removing a wedge of bone from my leg does freak me the fuck out as it sounds quite painful. Those who have been around for a while may also remember how I woke up during surgery last time, so I'm terrified to say the least.

However, with me having degenerative arthritis in that knee only, it's really something that I can help with surgery, so I'm just biting the bullet and going for it.... kicking and screaming, even.. (just hopefully not on the surgery table again).

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, waking up during surgery doesn't sound like something I'd ever want to go through. Be sure they know that happened and will be extra attentive to the knock-out juice machine. Congrats on the weight loss! 12-13 pounds is super great for a month's achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of your success, baby. I see such great strength, courage, and fire in you. Nothing will stand in your way, I believe in you.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to have like 4 or 5 shots of Versed - knock out juice...The guy says to me "Why am I still seeing your eyes open?" and then that's all I know!
    Best Best Best of everything to you during this difficult time!
    I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete