Saturday, June 18, 2011

The adorable blog award!


Dear Oct
gave me the Adorable Blog award!!! I'm sure that if you read my blog, you have heard of Octracia before, but if you haven't, she is basically a weight loss warrior who not only blogs about her daily meals, but she even includes photos of her meals as well. She is also adorable, so if she is calling me adorable it's a big deal :)

To get on with it, I'm supposed to share ten things about myself that ya'll don't already know.

1. I'm a Cancer, through and through. I feel most at home when in the water and I also have a tendency to slip into my crabby shell.

2. I graduated from college on my birthday. Yep, it was my 25th birthday and I graduated with my Bachelor's degree in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. Minor? Political Science

3. I'm part Native American. Not many of us even exist these days, so I think it's pretty awesome that I'm almost a quarter Indian.

4. I threw the discus in high school. Yeah, I had the best "release" on the girls' track team, which meant that I threw that sucker with a pretty steady hand.

5. I love coffee. As in, I usually make more than one pot-per-day. Oh, and I've never been to Starbucks either!!!

6. I'm the middle child of seven kids. (Two girls, five boys).

7. I love the smell of fresh grass.

8. My favorite color changes on a daily basis.

9. I have a container garden! It's super-big for how early in the season it is and it's around 33 containers plants right now. We have red peppers, green peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, cabbage, broccoli and beefsteak tomatoes, plus parsley.

10. It's been four months since I asked my now-live-in girlfriend to be my weight loss buddy. Now look at how cute we are!

Now, I would like to pass this award onto....

Nancy of Blue Skies and Low Carb Pies!
Jimmy Moore of Low Carb Menu
Harry of Healthy Fellow
Anne of Carb Tripper
Judith of The Art of Not Working

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I don't think I've had an award before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, what tribe? Cro's "adopted" grandfather was Native American as well and left him 300 acres of North Carolina swampland when he passed away. He had such a great relationship with him and was taught all of the things that the real grandkids had no time or interest to learn. Swampland isn't worth anything other than having to pay the property tax every year but Cro keeps it due to love for that old man.

    I'm glad you noticed your award and posted 10 things. :) I love that you have a container garden! That inspires me since I've been wanting to do that too.

    ReplyDelete