Friday, June 17, 2016

Ambulance ride

- Vanilla Atkins shake
- Four orange jellos and two cherry jellos
- Some chicken broth

After waking up yesterday morning to severe clamminess, cold sweats, racing heart, I dediced to go to the ER.  In the shower, I actually fainted, falling out of the shower and hit my tailbone pretty good.  What a nightmare!  At that point, I decided to call the ambulance and just get to the ER.

I had lost a LOT of blood from my lower GI tract, which caused my hemoglobin to go down to a frightening 7.3. 

I took had an endoscopy today and am waiting on some biopsies.  If all goes well, I will be out of the hospital tomorrow!!!  Fingers crossed. 

I have stuff to do, darn it.  Talk about scary, though....  I was totally fine one moment, then boom.... unable to stand without fainting.  Once I was in the ER, they tried to get me to stand up and monitor my blood pressure whilst standing.... After thirty seconds, I was soooo woozy that I sat down and fainted again....

A blood transfusion helped me feel better, but I lost more blood and my hemoglobin went right back to 7.3.

I am hoping that I don't lose more blood tonight and I can go home tomorrow with plans for an outpatient colonoscopy in the near future.  Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Taking BP standing up and string down is called TILTS. It shows dehydration and other things... electrolytes... blood loss.... (volume)...
    I ate liver to raise my H&H, (hemoglobin and hematocrit) and felt much better --
    I keep hoping for you a full and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete