Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Low carb menu

Low carb menu for 5-11-10

- Protein shake
- Smoked turkey with cheese, mayo and tomato on an oopsie roll
- Cheesy scrambled eggs
- Two sausage patties
- Low carb pancakes with low carb pancake syrup
- Atkins bar
- Ham on an oopsie roll with cheese, mayo and tomato

I love these pancakes soo much. I didn't really have anything thawed out to cook, so I just whipped these up. They are actually pretty easy to make. I don't have plain soy protein powder, so I just use Designer French Vanilla whey protein powder and they are very good. I also leave out the cinnamon in the recipe because I have found that it has a tendency to make these pancakes a little bit more runny when trying to fry them. Lastly, I use a "heaping" half-cup of cottage cheese because in my opinion, a half cup just isn't enough. The cottage cheese helps to make the pancakes thicker. These look like real pancakes and taste almost like them, too. The texture is not 100%, but they are very good. Oh, one more thing... be sure to add in the 4 tablespoons of oil into the batter and use butter or whatever you like for frying. They are sooo good and that is why I had to make another batch yesterday! I make them using my 1/4 cup scoop per pancake.

3 comments:

  1. Those pancakes look interesting! I must try them!!! Going to get some cottage cheese, today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I motion what Nancy said. It definitely sounds delish. Plus they have two of my favorite ingredients, whey protein and cottage cheese. Cant go wrong with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful... they make a pretty huge batch!

    ReplyDelete