Menu for Thursday
- Two scrambled eggs, fried in butter
- Half pound burger with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato slice, onion, mayo, mustard and low carb ketchup... on an oopsie roll
- Strawberry shortcake: low carb pound cake, strawberries sweetened with Splenda and too much real whipped cream on top
- Healthy cauliflower risotto*
- Grilled pork chop with low carb bbq sauce dipped in low carb ketchup
*I have been making faux starch dishes for years using cauliflower, and this puts most of the others to shame. Now, I did add in some mushrooms and I used heavy whipping cream instead of half and half. I have never had traditional rice risotto before, but I'm telling you, this stuff is amazing. Also, I used cheddar cheese and added a little extra because I'm a total maniac for cheese. This reminded me much of Rice-a-Roni... You will feel like you have died and gone to San Fransisco!
I have come to expect healthy and yummy recipes over at Healthy Fellow, but it never ceases to amaze me when I come across a recipe that reminds me of a former favorite of my processed food past. When I was a teen and my mom would make Rice a Roni and steak, broccoli and bread, I would literally pass on the steak and load up on extra side dishes... and I always had seconds.... always. Now, I never do... and I just realized that. You would think I would have realized it before. I think part of it is because the quality of the calories I am getting is so much better.... like leaving me satiated.
I'm on a quest to treat my body better. You can move anywhere in the world, but you still have to live in your body. I want to treat it better, slowly but surely.... and I'm getting there.