Friday, October 25, 2013

Eating at the table.

- Four eggs
- Egg salad

All is well in our household.  I am going to venture out and pick up some pork steaks today because they are on sale for buy two, get two packs free and the gf loves her bbq pork steak.

It makes sense, but now that I've lost about 115 lbs, it takes less food to satisfy me. I've found that I eat at the table, I actually hear that small voice inside my head that says, "I'm satisfied."  I got this tip from Geneen Roth and I've found her books have really helped me with my compulsive eating. You don't get to 300lbs by being hungry. Every now and then I will eat in front of the television, but I don't even enjoy my food when I do that and I certainly don't realize when I've had enough. 

I try not to even read when I'm eating.  It's just me, my food and sometimes the company of others and I'm finally learning to enjoy the process.

2 comments:

  1. I should probably break the habit of grabbing lunch while I'm still working at the keyboard. The thing is, it's more of an annoyance than satisfying when I have work to do but am trying to multi-task a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work, girlie pie! Your menus always seem so interesting and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete