Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Low carb menu

Low carb menu

- One egg omelet with smoked swiss and smoked sausage, fried in butter
- Carrots
- Seven layer salad
- Mock rice pudding*
- Polish sausage stir-fry with onions, green peppers, celery, cabbage over riced cauliflower

Weight: 256.8

*If you like traditional, high-carb, unhealthy rice pudding, you will love this stuff! I recommend waiting for it to get cold before serving, because it's a little watery when hot.

My highest recordable adult weight was 306.4, but I know that it's been higher than that because before that weight, I definitely was eating healthy and losing weight before the weigh-in at my doctor's office. I would honestly guess my top-weight at about 310 if not 315. I'm starting to see that I have more of a butt than I thought I did, too. I always thought I had no butt, but it turns out that I really do have one! My weight tends to go to my "front butt" (stomach), thighs, arms, face and general upper body when I gain, which is about the most unhealthy place to gain.

I feel like before, my goal in life was to do as much harm to my body with food possible. I really looked at as a fix, and in many ways, I still do. Now, though, I'm attempting to un-do the years of harm that I have done to myself through overeating and choosing all of the wrong foods. I have lost roughly fifty pounds and I have another eighty pounds to go... and honestly, it just feels so great to be headed in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you. You're so strong. You know that I will always be here to support you.

    It takes courage to put your thoughts and feelings up on a blog, and you inspire me every time you do it.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang,

    Thanks for being there for me. We are doing the damn thing!!!

    <3
    Angieloo

    ReplyDelete