- Grilled pork chop with BBQ sauce
- Spaghetti squash with Alfredo sauce and hot pepper jack cheese
- Big, fat burger on an oopsie roll with all the fixings
- Mixed veggies with butter
- Three thin sweet potato fries - not low carb, but I couldn't resist
- Low carb peanut butter fudge
At the restaurant, my sister in law's sweet potato fries were looking unbelievably good! She was not going to finish them, so finally, before the waitress took away her plate, I asked her if I could try one. I remember when I tried them before (at the same restaurant), they were only okay, so I had no idea why I wanted one so bad.
When I finally gave in, they were so SWEET and delicious! Of course, sweet potato fries are going to be sweet, but these were really sweet. I think that going without sugar has made my sweet-palette much more sensitive to sweetness. Before, when I tried them (in my days of eating the Standard American Diet [read: high-carb]), they were almost sweet in an annoying kind of way... like they weren't really sweet, if that makes sense.
I think I mentioned before, I crunched into a stalk of a piece of romaine lettuce and it tasted unbelievably sweet! This is the former Miss Little Debbie addict, finally enjoying the natural sweetness of natural things!
Have any of you noticed things tasting ultra-sweet and really being able to detect that now that you are sugar-free??