Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 178 Low Carb Daily Menu

Day 178 of my Low Carb Life - My Low Carb Menu for Today

- Pork stir-fry on top of cauliflower rice with butter
- Pumpkin bake with whipped cream
- Cabbage and sausage soup with the carrots omitted and extra celery
- Burger with diced onions, cheese, tomato, mayo, mustard and low carb ketchup on an oopsie roll

This soup is a keeper! Very simple to make. I had zero carb Bratwurst on hand, so I just used those and it was a very easy one pot dish to make. I think it tastes like Italian wedding soup and my mom says that it satisfied her craving for French onion soup. I did use some frozen homemade chicken broth, which I think makes all the difference in the world with homemade soups.

4 comments:

  1. The soup looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time no see! Are you doing okay? Busy with the holidays, maybe?

    I hope to see you back when the time is right. My best to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey woman! Mery Christmas and Happy New Year! Where are you anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! That soup looks wonderful! I've been wanted to make soup with all this cold weather =) I'm going to have to try this one now =D Have you tried "CHERI'S CREAMY SOUTHWESTERN TACO SOUP" on Linda's site? It looks DELICIOUS! I'm dying to try that one too =) Hope you have a wonderful New Year!
    ~Niki
    a.k.a. Oh.2.B.Fit

    ReplyDelete