Thursday, September 1, 2011

Low carb menu

- Half pound Swiss cheeseburger with ham, onion, lettuce on an oopsie roll
- Green beans
- Mashed cauliflower with cheese
- Meatballs
- Half an oopsie roll
- Pumpkin bake
- Three snack-size reese cups

I swear, the candy totally helped my constipation last time when I hate five of them, but this time, it really didn't touch it, so I took a more traditional approach. Yeah, my first enema in my life. I would say it was not enjoyable, but the relief it brought was really what the doctor ordered. My doctor has me on laxatives to help with the constipation that comes with taking pain pills for my osteotomy.

I've been reading up on natural remedies for constipation, and they include eating a lot of natural type sugars, so my gf brought home two pounds of super-delicious strawberries for me to nosh on. Also, trying to incorporate more fiber-rich foods, such as pumpkin, cauliflower and even green beans.

Living the low carb lifestyle is really about it working for you... no matter what situation you find yourself in...

No comments:

Post a Comment