Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Low carb menu

- Just like velveeta main dish
- Low carb brownie with low carb peanut butter frosting
- Half pound burger patty with onions, mustard, mayo and low carb ketchup
- Ring bologna slices with swiss and cheddar chunks
- Low carb meatloaf with cheesy broccoli and cauliflower

My girlfriend and I went to the chiropractor yesterday and Daisy (the English setter) got her stitches removed from her hind leg. She had a suspicious-looking mass removed last week and the vet said that if it were him, he would not even bother to send it to the lab because it looked fine. He is a very well-respected vet, so I listened to his advice. He really is just so reasonably priced and also very good with animals. Some people drive up to three hours each way just to see him and I travel about three hours round-trip to see him because he is that good.

My mom lives nearby the vet, so she made us dinner while Angie finished plasticing her windows. I was so appreciative that she took the time to make us low carb fare. I don't expect people to cater to my lifestyle, as it's my lifestyle choice and not theirs, but it was sooo good and much appreciated. She even says that she has been low carbing, too! We took her over some zucchini lasagna and low carb brownies last week that she has been enjoying.

2 comments:

  1. What great fun!
    And how easy and wonderful for people to just not serve wheat/ bread-based meals. That's half the battle right there.
    Glad the pup is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Anne!!

    Yeah, sometimes just omitting out the wheat-y items is not that difficult... and MUCH appreciated.

    ReplyDelete