Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 146 - Doing my high kicks

Day 146

- Two cheeseburgers with all the fixin's on oopsie rolls
- Meatloaf with reduced sugar Heinz ketchup
- Josie's spaghetti squash

More than anything lately, I've noticed how much energy I have. I swear eating low-carb gives me all this energy.... So, if you think you need to "carb up" to get energy.... you are crazy. Even at my highest weight, I've been able to do "high kicks" (kick my hands with my feet), but now I seem to do them all the time and like 15 in a row at least.... I know it sounds crazy... but I'm bursting at the seams with energy.

Before, when I was eating all kinds of carbs, I was lucky to get through the day without a nap or two.

3 comments:

  1. Angie,

    It's so funny ... I was literally writing this comment when I heard my Blackberry beep - indicating a new comment/e-mail on the HealthyFellow site (from you)! :)

    I've found the same sort of thing with this diet. When I'm feeling kind of run down, nothing works better than a meal or snack that's got some good protein and plenty of fat (low carb, of course).

    Last night for dinner, we had seared scallops with a lemon butter (and white wine) sauce and some garlic, Parmesan mashed cauliflower. Afterward, my body felt energized and my brain was processing information in a very clear minded way.

    I'm happy that you're feeling good and making samrt decisions. Keep on with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love girls with energy! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha, do those high kicks girl!

    ReplyDelete