Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 84 Low Carb Life

DAY 84

- Half of a cheeseburger on an oopsie with lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, mustard and mayo
- Turkey BLT with mayo and swiss on an oopsie
- Pound cake with peanut butter frosting
- French toast oopsie with Walden's SF Syrup, one scrambled egg and two sausage patties

Nancy... you mentioned that almond flour is expensive at the grocery store. Did you know you can grind up raw almonds? Not salted ones... I have read that you can grind them up right in a food processor... Also, you can find some good prices for almond flour at netrition. There used to be a site called nutguys.com but I think it shut down... That is where I got several bags for pretty cheap a few years ago. I also have some crushed pecans and walnuts that I don't know what to do with. Maybe some pecan chicken!

I love this Walden's sugar free syrup! It is thick and rich... yummy. Other sugar free brands I've tried, like the Walmart brand, is very runny and the taste is not as good. This tastes like Aunt Jemima!! I like to buy the six packets of it.. and I use each packet for two to three meals... I store it in a zip log bag in my refrigerator door and it works great. Each packet is a full 2 oz which is a lot of syrup. I also ordered a bottle of it because I love it so much. It says zero carb, but I do watch my portions of it because I know it must contain sugar alcohols.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't used much almond flour yet. But, when I do, I'll probably make it myself. My reason why is that almonds are so rich in polyunsaturated fats that *could* oxidize after being ground and stored. It's probably not too big a deal. All the same, I suspect fresher is better (and cheaper) ... though not essential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry - I think after I use up my supply, I'm going to start grinding it up myself. What is better than fresh, after all?

    ReplyDelete