Friday, January 13, 2012

Low carb menu

- Three egg omelet with cheese and low carb ketchup with two sausage patties
- Chicken breast nuggets, breaded with egg and parm with low carb honey mustard
- Low carb chocolate pudding
- Unpotato salad
- More chicken nuggets
- Low carb crock pot beef stroganoff (from Dana Carpender's low carb crock pot cook book) with mashed cauliflower

I never have been able to find the Carb Countdown milk, so I used half heavy whipping cream and half water. I don't remember where I read it, but I have found that a good low carb substitute for milk in recipes is half heavy cream and half water and I have had success with that. I have even started buying the two pint containers of the heavy cream at Walmart.

I think that I have been overdoing it on my knee lately because I have pain around the plate... but maybe that is just from the cold weather also. My surgeon would probably tell me to take it easy, but after months of not being able to do much, it's hard to just sit there!

1 comment:

  1. I've only been able to find the Carb Countdown milk at Wal-Mart. Heavy cream with water works too.

    Take care of that knee. You'll be happy that you let it heal when it's all better but I know it must be boring to take it easy until then.

    ReplyDelete