Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Low carb menu

- Four chicken strips breaded with parm dipped in low carb honey mustard
- Two tuna patties with cheese on an oopsie roll with lettuce, tomato, mayo and low carb ketchup
- Ham/broccoli/red pepper/cauliflower cheesy casserole
- Low carb lemon pound cake with low carb lemon frosting (new recipe to come!)
- Two pieces of low carb pizza with sausage, ham, pepperoni, and red peppers

I forgot to mention, last week my nurse told me that it's too early to be doing much exercise on my knee and that I really need to wait for it to be fully healed. Therefore, my relationship with Jillian Michaels has been put on a temporary hold for now. I was bummed, but it's understandable since I'm still in pain with my knee. I'm sure some pain will always be there, but this was pretty excruciating.

I celebrated my 5 month anniversary of my open wedge osteotomy and also SMOKE FREE for five months, so that is pretty amazing. My chiropractor is amazed not only at my weight loss, but how straight my legs are now. It's like I'm in a whole new body! She loves how I lost the weight, too, and she is completely grain-free herself and has dropped fifty pounds. I go in for x-rays soon and then February 15th is my big appointment to determine if I need a second surgery. Wish me luck! This one has just been so successful, but also a huge pain in the ass being non-weight bearing on my knee for months on end, so either way is good news in my book.

If I do need the surgery, I will probably end up with even better, more-even legs. We will see what the doc says.

Last time I left his office on December 1, I was horrified because I wasn't walking on my cane yet, but now I'm up and around and walking around without my cane half the time. It's amazing at how straight my knees look! I found a picture from 7th grade, and I even had one crooked leg in that photo due to the surgery-gone-wrong the year before. When you have one crooked (and therefore too short) leg, it really takes a toll on your spine and such, so my chiro can't be more excited that I'm so much better.

She is largely against "medical doctors," but she has deemed this sugery as very succesful and necessary for an issue like mine. She is thrilled that I have lost about 110 lbs and am SO CLOSE to "normal weight," too. But nobody is as happy as I am.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of all the things you can do with those legs....
    Walking! And wearing hottie jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shezug - Yeah it's been a long road, but one day at a time... I'm doing pretty well...

    Anne - Yeah, not walking around was quite miserable and it gave me so much empathy for those who are wheelchair-bound for life. Being able to walk is SO NICE! The regular-size jeans are always a plus. It still astounds me that I can walk into any store now and buy an outfit off the rack. I'm still a thrift store person, but I COULD if I wanted to! Angie wants to take me out shopping to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete