Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 102 Low-Carb Daily

Day 102 Low Carb

- Low-carb coconut vanilla protein shake (a scoop of natural whey protein powder, a few ice cubes, a half cup of water, 1/3 cup shredded coconut, 8 drops stevia, and 1 tsp peanut butter)*
- Swiss cheeseburger with tomato, onions, mayo, mustard and reduced sugar ketchup on an oopsie roll
- Broccoli-cauliflower gratin
- A piece of peanut butter cheesecake
- Meatballs in sugar free marinara sauce, served over spaghetti squash
- Sugar-free Creamsicle (2 net carbs)

*I usually use more peanut butter than this... but with the two peanut butter cheesecakes I've made recently... I'm out of natural peanut butter! Thanks to Harry for the protein shake idea!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.... It's about learning to dance in the rain! ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what other flavor I could do for a protein shake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy - I have tried strawberry and it's very good. Also, I want to try blueberries and even raspberries. I think you can buy them frozen and use them right out of the bag, which is nice so you don't have to use them all at once. Let me know if you decide to experiment! I also think you could add like a teaspoon of your favorite sugar free pudding mix... that may be a fun spin.

    ReplyDelete